Welcome Pennsbury High School Class of 1968
50th Reunion Weekend – September 7-9, 2018
You are invited to celebrate! We hope you will join us as we reminisce about the good old days, renew friendships from the past, and share life experiences both past and present.
We’ve come a long way since 1968. Our high school years were greatly impacted by the Vietnam War, the Civil Rights movement, the assassination of a US President and a civil rights leader, and the race to space. Thank goodness, we also were influenced by our activities at school, our friends & classmates, popular music, planning a prom, and Saturday nights at Canteen. In some fashion, we all helped shape one another. We were some of the first influences on one another and our high school years helped to form who and where we are today.
Many things have changed, but we will always remember the wonderful times we shared at PHS. Here are some of my memories from our four years of high school (1964 – 1968),
- The Ford Mustang was introduced
- The mini skirt became the latest fashion craze
- The first Big Mac goes on sale in McDonalds costing 49 cents
- Sidney Poitier was the 1st black actor to win an Academy Award
- Hit songs included “Good Vibrations” by the Beach Boys and “Hey Jude” by The Beatles
- The first issue of Rolling Stones Magazine was published; John Lennon was on the cover
- Sony introduces the first VCR Home Video Recorder
- The first Super Bowl was played between Green Bay Packers and the Kansas City Chiefs
- An apple was a piece of fruit, not “a can’t live without” technology in our lives
Whether you are coming or not, please register on the "Classmates" page. Please visit the "In Memorium" page and pay tribute to those who have passed on or add those whom we are not aware of. On the "Photo Albums" page, you can upload your photo memories. If you have contact information for any of our classmates, please click"Tell a Friend" below, fill out the information, add a note if you wish and send. This will automatically include a link for the reunion website.
Memories are one of life’s most cherished possessions. This weekend will be about renewing old friendships — laughing and sharing stories of our years at Pennsbury. The reunion planning committee and I hope to see you all in September 2018.
Kristy Westbrook Buckley
Chair, Reunion Planning Committee